Tuesday, February 5, 2008

My New "Little" Project

Okay mabye not so little!
My grandmother passed a book on to me she has had for 28yrs it is called Quilt in a Day, I am certain the author did not have 3, 4yr olds running around her feet all day! The book is based upon the log cabing quilt square, I have always loved the geometric look though I am not following the traditional color/scheme layout. I choose all of my favorite fabrics and started sewing my plan was to incorporate the blocks in a tote bag now I love them so much I have decided I want to make a quilt for my bed. I have my first 4 squares done the measure 11" x 11", yea only 84 more to go! Wish me luck! Meg

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

i can't wait to see your progress. i have never finished a quilt... i can get it all pieced but have only gotten that far. I bail out when it comes time to sandwich all the layers and i have not even attempted using a walking foot yet!
your bags are always beautiful, i'm sure this quilt will be too!

erin said...

That will be beautiful!!! Love your fabric choices, can't wait to see the finished quilt!

MegN said...

Thanks ladies! I will post pics of my progress soon! Meg